Wonderfully Made and (OMG) Officially My Gift

Psalm 139:13-14

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


I share this heavenly conversation with my daughter, Isabella, when she was 8 year old:

Isabella: "Mom did you know, Pheewee (term of endearment for her big brother Phil) told me, that 4 people are born and 2 people die EVERY SECOND?!"

Mom: "hmmm really?!"

Isabella: "Yes! so isn't that amazing?! God is really working hard! He makes 4 people every second, and then, He has to turn the ones who die, into angels! And, He does that on top of watching over all of us!"

Mom: "WOW!" (was all I could say)

Isabella: "And! I am so glad, when God made me, He put me in your stomach, and gave me to you!!!"

Mom: (blissfully stunned!)

Dear God,
In Your image, You made us.
How humbling, How empowering, How amazing!
Help me to see, that In loving myself,
Imperfections and all, I'm loving you as well.
And thank you for putting an angel daughter in my stomach:)


Isabella is our 4th child after 3 boys with an 8-year gap from our 3rd son. We certainly didn’t plan a 4th pregnancy nor were we adamant on having a girl. As a matter of fact, on each of my previous pregnancies, I begged God for sons because I was scared to raise a daughter in this world. I felt I was not mature enough and equipped to bring up a daughter. Having said all that, one might think that she’s an “accident” or an “oops” baby. To be very honest, when I first found out I was pregnant again for the 4th time after almost 8 years, I got shocked and worried instead of happy and excited. My thoughts were that I have to start all over again just when I could finally do things for myself again (like go back to work or school). Selfish eh? By the way this was all during my “B.C.” life….my life before Christ…hence, my selfishness and fears (and maybe a hint of discontent?). Little did I know then that, just like our boys are precious blessings from Him, Isabella would be the gift of an angel daughter who would be an integral part of my spiritual journey to enlightenment. In line with Pastor Anne’s series on ‘Does Everything Happen for a Reason?’, we have learned that it is false to assume that whatever happens in life is God’s will and plan. But when it comes to the birth of a life, we can be assured that we, each and every one of us, are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of our Creator. So, no, Isabella is not an “accident” or an “oops” baby. She’s an OMG!....as in Officially My Gift!

Posted byImelda@Inspired Simplicity at Monday, January 23, 2012  

0 comments:

Post a Comment